If you’re a member of the Be The Match Registry®, we’re here for you. Our Donor Advocacy Program serves the needs and interests of bone marrow, blood cell or umbilical cord blood donors.
Be The Match Registry is operated by the National Marrow Donor Program® (NMDP). If you joined the NMDP Registry, either in person or online, you are a member of Be The Match Registry and do not need to join again. Learn more about Be The Match.
Are you a marrow or blood cell donor or potential donor?
If so, your local donor center is your first point of contact to answer questions and address issues. If you need further help, call the Donor Advocacy Program at any time.
Representing donor rights
We work hard to make sure your rights as a member of the registry and as a donor are respected. You have a right to:
- Give informed consent based on clear information at each step of the donation process — see donation FAQs for more information about the donation process.
- Never feel pressured into joining the Be The Match Registry or becoming a donor.
- Understand our transplant research goals and give informed consent before blood or cell samples or data are used in research.
- Keep your identity and records confidential. We have strict standards to ensure that donor privacy and confidentiality are protected.
Offering education and assistance
The Donor Advocacy Program can help:
- Provide information about potential complications and help if they occur
- Find answers to donor insurance questions
- Overcome barriers to donation
- Provide assistance and information for paid time off to donate
- Address issues with donor-recipient contact
Ensuring donor satisfaction
We are committed to making sure donor needs and expectations are met and will:
- Assess donors' satisfaction with their recruitment and donation experience and follow up when changes are needed
- Listen to donor feedback
- Track the types of issues donors report and work to improve our donor-related practices
Contact the Donor Advocacy Program
Call us toll-free at 1 (800) 526 -7809 ext. 8710
or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.