The National Marrow Donor Program® (NMDP)* Network includes more than 135 transplant centers in the United States and more than 30 international transplant centers. All NMDP transplant centers are high-quality hospitals that have transplant teams with many years of experience in transplantation.
NMDP transplant centers have access to the NMDP's extensive network of domestic and international partners, including donor centers (which locate marrow donors), laboratories (which do HLA testing), and cord blood banks (which supply umbilical cord blood units for transplant).
These transplant centers all meet NMDP guidelines and have:
- Medical directors with prior experience with transplantation
- Nurses who are trained and experienced in the care of transplant patients
- A coordinator and patient advocate who are familiar with the issues of transplantation from an unrelated donor (patient advocates are often social workers)
- Experienced laboratories that meet the high standards set by professional laboratory organizations
- See a list of U.S. transplant centers by state
- Search NMDP transplant centers by details such as diagnoses and patient age groups treated, using an advanced search
- See a list of international NMDP transplant centers
*The NMDP also operates Be The Match®.